Thursday, July 20, 2017

Progressing while waiting

Ana reports...on waiting... and on progress

Two weeks, and I'm still waiting for promised Stormy Hawkins edits to arrive from the publisher.
I've not seen the cover, as well, but I do have a release date. September 27th.

I'm trying to stay calm. Stormy was rigorously edited before submission and acceptance, but I'm sure there will be changes and tweaks. Hopefully not to many.

I've gnawed some fingernails and started on my author website. I wrote a bio and decided to have a gardening and a recipe page on the website--to add content. I hired a graphic artist to design a website logo-banner. She'll also format one for Twitter and Facebook.

The under construction website is linked already to this blog. I clicked the header and was whisked to here like magic.

So some progress to report.
And some waiting.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, Ana! I'm so excited for you. And don't worry, they'll get the manuscript back to you and everything else along with it. And then there will be a whirlwind of activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!
      Editor has promised to have something to me before she leaves for RWA Nationals in Florida. I can sense the whirlwind approaching, but I can't see it yet.

      Delete
  2. Jen's right about the whirlwind of activity! Suddenly it will all take off! Same is happening here right now as my new publisher rushes to get all my novels back online again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you, Paula! And for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of being a writer involves waiting. Sounds like your're making good use of your time and getting other aspects going.

    Such an exciting time! Enjoy every minute of it...and rest up for the whirlwind to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Debra.
    Edits just arrived. Diving in . . .

    ReplyDelete