Sunday, April 23, 2017

Ana clears a hurdle!

Ana clears a hurdle!

Normally, I am not a hurdler. I am nowhere near a sprinter. But a few weeks ago, I finally reached a new plateau: 
I received an offer for my western historical from Soulmate Press.
(squee!)
The acquiring editor requested a full after judging my first three chapters in the Pages of my Heart contest. (She was raised on a cattle ranch in South Dakota and loved my setting.) More importantly, she loved the characters and the story.
I just submitted the cover art information form (took two tries to make it succinct.)
I wrote a 68-word bio and a 111-word bio. 
My first stab at a blurb missed the mark, so I am still on that.
Soon, the edits will arrive. (I'm excited to see her suggestions!) 

I embarked on my publishing adventure after I read a western historical by a well-known author. The ending was awful, as if she'd crashed into a deadline. Or someone had deleted the second to the last chapter, so there was no connection between the black moment and the lovers' reunion two thousand miles away. I said, "I can do better than that!"

Fast forward eleven years. My story may not be as good as that famous author's, but it is better than the first two drafts. 

And it's mine.






11 comments:

  1. Congrats, Ana!!

    That is awesome news!!! I am so happy for you!

    Don't you love it when dreams come true!

    Keep us posted on the progress of your publishing journey. I can't wait to see the cover...and then read your story in print!

    Whoo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I am very excited--and stuck (temporarily) on the blurb.

      Delete
  2. Million congrats, Ana. I always told you you could do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did. You believed in me when I lost hope. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

      Delete
  3. That's such wonderful news, Ana! I'm so happy for you! [throws confetti, toasts you with champagne]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! So many things to, so I won't drink too much virtual champagne.

      Delete
  4. Many congratulations, well done. I also have recently been accepted by a publisher for my first novel, It's a great feeling although I still have to pinch myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that, Carol! Congratulations. I look forward to reading your story. (Paula says it's very good!)

      Delete
    2. Congrats, Carol! Such exciting news all around!!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Ana! From: Toni Lynn Cloutier ��

    ReplyDelete