Monday, April 10, 2017

Video of Paula's books

A couple of weeks ago, Rebecca, my publisher, asked me to send her some of my favourite photos of Ireland.
The reason was that her granddaughter, Taylor, enjoys compiling videos, and Rebecca had decided to let her make a video about my books.
My first reaction was 'How do I choose my favourites?' I've been to Ireland about a dozen times in the last 10 years, and taken hundreds of photos!
I started to go through them all, choosing the places that featured in my Irish novels, rather than photos of places like the Giant's Causeway or Derry. I wished I could pop over to Ireland to take more photos of some places like the wonderful views from the Sky Road near Clifden, or even Clifden harbour.
My first list contained over 50 photos but Rebecca only wanted between 5 and 10. 
Gradually, I whittled them down. Yes, that photo of the Cliffs of Moher was better than that one, and yes, that was definitely my best shot (out of about 6) of Killiney Bay.
In the end, I went mainly for scenery rather than cities or towns, even though I was loath to abandon all my photos of Dublin, Galway, Clifden, and Dalkey (and various other places).
Eventually I was down to about 20, and ran them past a friend who was very honest and said things like 'That one' or 'No, that doesn't do anything for me.' Her objective eye helped me to pick out my final ten photos.
A day later, Rebecca sent me the first version. I made a couple of suggestions which her granddaughter then incorporated in the video.
So here is the end result which is now on YouTube. Hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. The Cliffs of Moher are breathtaking!
    Thanks for the armchair travel.
    Taylor did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Paula..so...foreign! Haha, I'm used to Texas landscapes..so different from Ireland. What a lovely video, and Taylor did a wonderful job, didn't she? Good for her, and I wish you well with all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great video! Terrific idea. I love seeing where your books take place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous! Such a great addition to my 'armchair' traveling. I love how the book covers were interspersed with the pictures. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete