Friday, April 19, 2013

Meet Friday Friend Eden Glenn

Today's Friday Friend is Eden Glenn. She writes all kinds of erotic romance for Rebel Ink Press.


Eden Glenn lives in the mountains of Chattanooga, Tennessee with a cat and a loveable nuisance dog that should be in Japan. Eden has blue eyes, but her hair color is subject to change without notice.

She is a member of RWA (Romance Writers of America)and FCRW (First Coast Romance Writers). She is author of several novelette sized stories. "The Galloping Ghoul of Hockomock Swamp" a m/m historic erotic romance first appeared in Rebel Ink Press anthology "Once Upon A Twisted Tale" and has now been released under its own cover.

She contributed to the Rebel Ink Press project "Paw Prints" a contemporary romance designed as a fundraiser for national animal rescue. Her next project  "Dar'kind Promises" a f/f paranormal erotic romance released Feb 3, 2013. Also, "Raynia's Magic" a m/f/m ménage contemporary erotic romance released in 2012 and is novellette one of the Amethyst Desire series. "Beverly's Secret" a F/F erotic contemporary romance released April 17, 2013 which continues the travels of the Amethyst necklace as it tempts new owners to heights of pleasure.

What are your goals as a writer? Have you met them/How do you plan to meet them?

My goal is to create stories that readers love with characters they can relate to. Someone they are sad to say good bye to at the end of the journey but ultimately glad they traveled with them for a short time. 

I am working really hard to meet this goal. I think in ways I have. I continue learning, writing and working toward this on each book I write.

Those are great goals. What inspires you to write? 

Life inspires me to write. It’s coded into my DNA I believe.

I totally agree, Eden! How do you develop your characters? 

That varies a great deal.  Many times an object, an incident from the news, a facet of their character will emerge. Then I do a whole lot of thinking and listening to that voice in my head.

I think all writers have voices in their heads, which I find very comforting :) Do you use critique partners? Why or why not? 

I have one critique partner. She and I go way back. We know each other well enough to be honest and clear in our critiques. Yet we hear each other’s voice clearly and don’t step on that sacred trust.

That's so important. How long have you been writing? 

I started writing in 2005 when I was battling breast cancer. Writing was my therapy and kept my head in a good place for the fight.

Inspiring! Do you outline ahead of time or do you write from your head (are you a plotter or a pantser)?
 
I’m a pantzplotter.  I know the turning points and sometimes the ending? I write toward those points.

That's the first time I've heard that term, but it totally makes sense. What is your writing routine? 

I try to write or edit a little every day. Bigger stints on weekends. I write and edit through to the end of the first draft. I let it rest after the first draft is finished and then I dig through editing, filling in and fixing. I let it rest again and then do the whole process again. Several more times. My last edit is format, more word crafting.

Sounds like a good system. What do you do when you’re not writing? 

I am also a professional narrator for the Killian Group. AND I have a night job at a major fulfillment center in their outbound department.

Whoa, you're busy! What are you currently working on? 


Here is an excerpt of Beverly’s Secret, just released from Rebel Ink Press April 17, 2013


She took a deep breath, slipped outside and rushed toward her fate before she could change her mind. Locking her kitchen door, she went down the list of pros and cons as she walked to her neighbor. On the pro side, she had a reason to finally talk to Makala. This situation could happen to anyone really. Dread grappled with a giddy excitement.

She only needed help with a very tiny metal clasp, after all. She could manage to talk to the object of her fantasies about the darn problem. She paused in front of Makala’s kitchen door, exactly like her own. Maybe she should go around to the front. Oh hell, before she could stop herself, she knocked on the wooden frame. Shit, too timid, she knocked a little harder.

Makala jerked the door open with a whoosh so hard it stole Bev’s next breath. She stood there gaping fish faced. The woman was dressed in one of her gossamer sun dresses that made Bev think of sunshine and summer.

“Upon my word.” Makala had moved to the small north Florida town from Louisiana after the second season of devastating storms in New Orleans. Her accent was a unique lilting combination of southern and Cajun.

Air from Makala’s apartment enveloped Bev with a sweet aroma. 

That sounds great! What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Walking Dead

What is your favorite book you’ve written? Read?

My favorite book is always the one I just released. LOL, I know rather silly really. But it is the new ‘baby’ all pretty and interesting.  I love love love, Beverly’s Secret.

I'm sure your readers will too. It's been so nice having you here with us today, Eden.

Eden can be reached at her website, www.edenglenn.com or through her publisher, www.rebelinkpress.com, where you can also find buy links.







7 comments:

  1. Hi Eden, thanks so much for visiting with us today. It was great to meet you and learn about your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new release, Beverly. And on conquering your cancer. Believing in yourself and finding a creative outlet does help. It sounds like you found yours!
    Question? Attraction and love are universal--between same or opposite sexes. Would you approach them differently or write them differently?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Eden on your release! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, great question. I've always wondered that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you word 'pantzplotter', Eden - you've described exactly how I am with my novels, knowing a few turning points but letting the rest work itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eden,

    Welcome to Heroines with Hearts! I think I'm a bit of a pantzplotter, too. Sometimes I know the ending of my story before I have a real hold on the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone and thank you for such a warm welcome today.

    I appreciate the comments and and questions. Jennifer thank you for being a wonderful hostess and allowing me time to visit with your readers.

    Ana, I agree that one of my goals whether I write M/M or F/f or menage' styled relationships I try really hard to communicate the "love is love" concepts.

    The demographics for m/m romance is interestingly enough straight women. I don't see a lot of the homosexual influence in most of those works. They are erotic sex with M/M characters. Some of that is changing as some excellent writers are emerging from the gay community and trying their hand at m/m romance.

    When my editor asked me to write F/F I was a little concerned what my demographics for purchasing these stories would be. LOL. Lesbian women of course but could a F/F romance be embraced (excuse the pun) by straight women? I am not sure the results are in yet. Who knows in five years we might learn that straight men are enjoying F/F erotic romance the way straight women enjoy the M/M erotic romance. LOL

    My first F/F erotic romance was a paranormal "Dar'kind Promises". Since it was paranormal I didn't have the same issues as "Beverly's Secret" which is a contemporary. In a contemporary things are different. To be true to the characters who are generally lesbian, there are esoteric symbols and patterns that intrinsic to the lesbian subculture. I hope I have captured that in "Beverly's Secret" as well as producing a F/F erotic romance that even straight women would enjoy. Hehehe or even straight men.

    Thank you Melissa. Carl Franklin Graphic Artist for Rebel Ink Press has worked his cover magic once again for me. Drop by my website to see the beautiful cover art he has created for each of my releases.

    Hi Paula, Yes we pantzplotters are so misunderstood. LOL

    Oh Debra you've described some of my pain. When I know the ending in such rich detail and have to write to get there.

    Thank you again for visiting with me today.

    Come on over to my website on Monday. Rebel Ink Press is hosting an Earth Day Blog Hop with prizes and swaagggg!

    Eden

    ReplyDelete