Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My List


This summer has been one of learning for me.

I have learned that if I set my mind to it, I can write, even when I don’t want to.

I have learned that having a deadline of when the kids are going to come home can inspire me to write more, faster.

I have learned how to write consistently when the kids are home.

I have learned how to write with the TV on and with constant interruptions from the kids.

I have learned that if I tell my husband I need to go write, he takes me seriously (love him!).

I have learned that I can block out a lot of noise. However, I cannot block out the pounding and noise associated with construction workers who are building my deck (although their shirtless bodies are great inspiration for heroes!) accompanied by the blaring TV from my child who wants to watch TV while they are building and therefore turns up the volume really, REALLY LOUD!

Here’s hoping next week is more productive (and maybe written from my new deck!).

6 comments:

  1. Send us a pix of your new desk, Jen. I bet it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog now showing up on my blog list, love your learned determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a good 'learning' summer! Blocking out the rest of world is a very good skill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, at least now, as it's being built, it doesn't list to the side and the new wood color is beautiful.

    Glad to have you visiting, Carole Anne. And thank you.

    Paula, I get easily distracted, but I'm getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new deck sounds wonderful!

    As do those shirtless construction workers...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is enjoying it. They're a bit young for me. :)

    ReplyDelete