Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Cover - Take Two

Debra reveals the cover for Family Secrets.

A few weeks ago I received the cover for my upcoming release Family Secrets. I wasn't thrilled. The cover itself was okay. Sexy, fun, a great background. But I felt it didn't represent the story. And when it comes to branding and marketing a story, that's not good, as the cover tends to be the first impression some people have of a book. So I did something I've never done before. I requested another cover.

I got the new one last week. It's definitely better, but the hero still doesn't seem quite right to me. He looks a bit younger than the Chase I've written. And not quite 'studly' enough. However I decided in the grand scheme of things, I could live with it.

Here it is:


Those I've shared both versions with, definitely like this second one better. What do you think? If you remember the first one, do you like this one better? If you haven't seen the first one, any impressions or thoughts on this one?

The best thing about getting a cover is I'm one step closer to the final, published project. And that's always exciting! And it never fails to thrill me to see my name on a book as its author.

And then just for fun, here's the tag line and blurb for the book:

A hot summer, a furtive fling, but what happens when the secret gets out?

Even after the death of her husband, Erika Garrett is still close to his family. She vows they'll never discover he was cheating on her. She's content with her play-by-the-rules life until Chase Stewart re-enters her life.

Chase is divorced from Erika's sister-in-law and wants nothing to do with her family, or they with him. If it weren't for shared custody of his precious four-year old twins, he wouldn't be a part of their lives at all.

He has no desire to marry again, so the only thing he can offer Erika is a secret summer fling. But when the secret is uncovered, can either of them ever face the family again?

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. This cover is better for the story, I think, but my first impression is that the man is much younger than the woman. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree he looks younger, but if it captures the essence of the story, I'd go with it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this cover better. The man looks young, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gals! I concur that he looks young, but in the end that particular point wasn't a 'deal breaker', so overall I'm satisfied.

    ReplyDelete