Thursday, July 31, 2014

Almost There!

Debra is almost ready to submit her WIP!

As I wrote that 'teaser', it occurred to me: If I'm ready to submit, is it still considered a WIP? At this point, at least for now, most of the W is done!

But I digress...

The story is written. I've done the read-through. I've done revising. I've done line edits and word by word edits.

I have a synopsis written in long hand that needs to be typed and then tweaked.

And I've come up with a blurb:

At twenty-seven, Chloe Harris has never had a night of really great sex, and before she turns thirty, she wants to check that particular item off her bucket list. She's known Jason her whole life. More importantly, she trusts him. So who better to help her with her plan?

Call him a bit old-fashioned, but Jason Williams has never had a one-night stand. And he's not about to start with his best friend's baby sister. To save Chloe from herself, he's going to need to pretend to go along with her crazy scheme.

But what happens when the charade becomes all too real for his libido...and his heart?


My goal was to have the query submitted by the end of next week. I'm happy to say I think I'll be ahead of that deadline! Yay! Dare I say I'll have it out by the end of this week?!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

Family Secrets - available now from The Wild Rose Press

12 comments:

  1. Congrats, Debra!
    I think your blurb is fine, and will certainly attract readers who want a bit of spice! I'm not sure if your repeat of 'has never had' is deliberate, but if not, I'd be inclined to rephrase one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Didn't notice the repetition. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

      Delete
  2. Fast work, Debra! Your blurb is great. Still I recall the blurb TWRP came up with for your last book. Do you think they will change it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they do a bit of tweaking, sometimes they do a lot of tweaking. And this is really jumping the gun, since it's still in the query stage.

      Delete
  3. Okay, I love the way it sounds! Great job. And I personally like the repetition (sorry, Paula).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen, I guess at some point, keeping fingers crossed I eventually get a contract, we'll have to see what the blurb committee says about it, too.

      Delete
  4. Well, it's officially queried...now the waiting game begins! Next step, hopefully, is a request for the full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got the request for the full yesterday...now it's fingers crossed for a contract! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Debra! Will keep everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fast! See, they did love it.

    ReplyDelete