Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P Is For Passover

Jennifer's book is discounted in honor of Passover...

One of the reasons I write Jewish books is the old adage, "Write what you know." I know Judaism and the holidays. I know the smells and the flavors and the language. And I want to share that knowledge with my readers. Miriam's Surrender is a contemporary romance revolving around the holiday of Passover, which begins this Friday evening.

We'll be having the seder, or celebratory dinner, at my house. There will be matzah ball soup and gefilte fish (whitefish) and sweet & sour chicken and a vegetable kugel (noodle pudding) and chocolate desserts (of course). Until then, I'm cleaning and preparing for the holiday, which lasts 8 days.

To celebrate the holiday, my publisher has discounted Miriam's Surrender. It's the second book in the series, but can easily be read as a standalone. I hope you enjoy it!


On sale this month for $0.99 in honor of Passover!

Amazon


Buy Link: Amazon

Excerpt:

Josh Lowenstein is a successful architect, hired to redesign the alumni club of a posh, private school in New York. He is strong, capable and knows the best way to do everything. Except let another woman in. 

Miriam Goldberg is the Assistant Director of Outreach, and is Josh’s day-to-day contact for the redesign. She’s taken care of everyone around her, and forgotten how to let someone else take care of her. 

With a tumultuous history, neither one is prepared to work together. As they get to know each other, the animosity disappears, but Josh is hiding something from Miriam and its discovery has the possibility of destroying their relationship. Only when they are both able to let the other in, and release some of the control they exert over everything, will they be able to see if their love can survive. 

This story centers on the Jewish holiday of Passover and is the story of two people who need to discover the freedom of letting go in order to let love into their lives. 


8 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on writing what you know. I have much more success in my own writing when I do that!

    That said...I love reading to live vicariously...I love when I can learn new things or visit new places all between the pages of a book. So I for one am glad that we all 'know' different things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Debra, although at times, I admit, I enjoy reading what I know as well. But not always!

      Delete
  2. For many of your readers, this is an interesting glimpse into the preparations and customs of Passover.
    Best wishes for your own Passover celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Passover, Jennifer.
    , and thank you for explaining as it's something I knew very little about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said before, and I happily say again, I love stories that let me into unfamiliar but friendly worlds. (My life goal is to know something about everything.)
    I hope you have stellar sales, Jen!

    ReplyDelete