Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fave Romantic Movies

Wow...this is a tough one. I mean, there are simply SO many movies out there.

I guess I'll go with what I like to call cozy and romantic movies. These are the fall backs when I need a little 'me' time: in other words, girlie movies! (Although I can talk my wonderful hubby into watching every once in a while...he's so fabulous!)

In no particular order here are some of my faves...

Pretty Woman: What's not to like about this classic Cinderella tale?

Dirty Dancing: Ah, I really miss Patrick...this is him at his sexiest, dancing best.

Laws of Attraction: What can I say? Pierce Brosnan just does it for me.

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days: It's the perfect love story for romance writers to learn from...it has it all...goal, motivation, and conflict. And two people who ultimately fall in love but are in the relationship for all the wrong reasons. (Not to mention while watching I get to drool over the very yummy Matthew McConaughey.)

The American President: There is no other word to describe this movie besides cozy.

My list could go on, but these are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Until next time,

Happy Reading (or watching)!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

3 comments:

  1. Love Dirty Dancing and Ghost. Two all time favorites.

    My "me" time, I put in Dangerous Minds, Freaky Friday, or The Parent Trapp (w/ Linsey Lohan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices, Debra, especially as you've chosen my favourite 'American President' too!
    But regarding Prestty Woman, I love Richard Gere (in almost everything) but have to say I'm not wildly keen on Julia Roberts so I don't really like the films he's done with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go way back so it has to be Casablanca for me - and I loved the romance of "Shakespeare in Love" imagine having a lover who can spin words like that! Wow.

    ReplyDelete