Friday, May 16, 2014

Margaret Mayo's 80th novel

Welcome to today's Friday Friend, Margaret Mayo, whose 80th romance novel has just been published.

I began writing in the mid 1970’s when an idea for a short story sprang into my head. And once I started writing I couldn’t stop. I’d always read romances, as had my mother before me, so it was on the cards that when I began to write it would be about love and all the trials and tribulations that go hand in hand with finding that one man who makes your heart beat faster. The one man you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I found my own personal hero when I was in my early twenties and we’re still together now.  There’s lots of laughter in our life which I think is essential in a relationship. We have two children and two grandchildren, so together with my writing my life is complete.

My newly released book, RACHEL’S RETRIBUTION, is my eightieth romance – I never thought when I started that I would reach such a milestone.

Rachel Valentine had never expected to meet Liam Mallory again. She had used to work for him but had been guilty of colluding with another work colleague to swindle him out of thousands of pounds. Now, several years later, he is back in her life demanding his pound of flesh. He whisks her away to an isolated cottage in the English Lake District but unfortunately for Liam things do not all go his way.

The Lake District is one of my favourite parts of England and we try to holiday there at least once a year, so when I was writing this book I had no trouble visualising the setting, or putting myself in my heroine’s shoes.

We wish you every success with your new novel, Margaret, and long may you continue to write! Thank you for being our Friday Friend today.

You can find out more about Margaret here:
Blog www.margaret-mayo.com/blog
Amazon author page https://www.amazon.com/author/margaretmayo

7 comments:

  1. Wow. 80th book. I stand in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine being able to write 80 books! I think that's wonderful and something to be proud of. Good luck with your latest--and I remember visiting that part of England when I travelled there with my parents. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't feel as though I have written that number of books - it is just a way of life. I would be lost without it. Although I do have to admit that my house sometimes gets terribly neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear that, Margaret. If your house was spotless AND you breezed through 80 books, I'd definitely consider quitting now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'd worry too, Ana. I think I'd be Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations once again, Margaret, on your newest release with PbRJV. I have the book on my Kiindle and look forward to reading it on my drive to Nashville tomorrow. No, I won't be driving, I'll be a passenger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for buying my book, Linda. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete