Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Muse is Calling

Debra's muse (finally) makes an appearance.

It seems like it's been forever, but lately my muse has been nudging me. The timing couldn't be more perfect, as in about two weeks I will be footloose and fancy free on summer vacation. Summer is the time when I get most of my writing done, simply by nature of the fact I have time to do it.

The surprising thing about this appearance of my muse is that it's not nudging me in the direction I thought I'd be taking this summer. I have a mss partially completed and it was my intended goal to finish it and get it submitted by the end of the summer. But apparently my muse has other ideas, because a different story keeps popping into my head. Scenes play out for me as I'm doing menial tasks: making dinner, doing the dishes, even as I was cleaning up after our community garage sale last weekend.

So, as my muse tends to be a bit fickle, as in I often have to coax her into peeking her head out, I'm going to just roll with it. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to finish two books this summer.

I really shouldn't get ahead of myself like that, right? But I'll keep you posted!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

5 comments:

  1. I love when that happens, Debra. It's so much more fun to write a story when your muse is helping! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...otherwise it's like pulling teeth to get the story to come together, right?

      Delete
  2. Yay for your muse, Debra. Sounds like you're going to have a great summer :-)

    ReplyDelete