Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Holding Pattern

Debra's latest project is at a stand-still.

Things were moving along at a fairly quick pace with One Great Night. We went from query to contract in about a month. Not too shabby.

Once the contract was signed, I got my first round of edits pretty quickly, and we soon progressed through a second round, and then onto pre-galley and galley. During that time, I also completed my MIS and cover art info sheets. Things were really rolling.

It wasn't long after that the galley corrections were completed.

And now...we're waiting. On a release date, and more importantly, a cover.

I really thought I'd have that cover by now. Every week when I write my blog I think, 'Next week I'll be able to post my cover.' But it's been weeks. And I'm still waiting.

I'm anxious, and it's just hard because at this stage, everything is out of my hands. All I can do is wait.

I'm sure it hasn't been an overly long time, but I'm getting antsy. I'm ready to see the final product. And seeing my covers for the first time can be nerve-wracking. Most of the time I've been satisfied. Last time around, however, I was not thrilled. Especially with the first attempt. I've made my peace with the final cover, but it's definitely not one of my favorites.

One Great Night is a fun, flirty, sexy book. I'm really hoping the cover reflects that. I was assigned a new cover artist for this one. With the previous eight, I've had the same artist. This time around I didn't request the same gal, but left it up to fate. Only time will tell (hopefully soon) if my gamble paid off.

So...here I hold. Waiting. Anxiously. Maybe next week I'll have a cover to share...

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

Now Available:

The Corral Boxed Set: from The Wild Rose Press

5 comments:

  1. I'm in a similar situation with the re-release of 'His Leading Lady'. The main difference is that I do have a new cover - which I like! The galleys are done, and now I'm just waiting for the release date - which I'm hoping will be later this month or early December. Hope you get yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just another one of those lessons in patience, right? You'd think by now I would have learned it well...

      Delete
  2. The waiting is definitely one of the hardest parts and always seems longer to the person who is waiting than to everyone else. Hope you get to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...the closer you are to something, right?

      Delete