Thursday, May 7, 2015

R is for Reading Night

Debra ran out of time to post for a real post for today.

Last night was our annual Reading Night at school, and I didn't get home until later than usual.

It was a great night...mystery themed this year...in which lots of kids and parents came to school to explore different stations, books, and activities: all in celebration of reading. In my room we did an Encyclopedia Brown theme and did invisible ink, mystery bag, penny, and thumbprint people activities, which all stemmed from a different case in the books. Lots of fun!

Unfortunately, it made for a long day, so I didn't get around to coming up with an actual post for today. And when I did get it written, I scheduled it for P.M. instead of A.M. See? This is what happens when I'm tired. *sigh*

But let's hear it for having a night exclusively dedicated to reading and books! Yay!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic night for kids and parents, Debra. I've never heard of any schools here in the UK doing anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I used to love Encyclopedia Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though it was a fun and interesting evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll call the office and get you excused, Debra.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete