Wednesday, November 2, 2016

R is for Readers and Reviews

Paula’s ‘Irish Secrets’ has won an award! 

Last month I was thrilled to win a Chill with a Book Award.


The book is submitted to a panel of readers who have to review it based on 5 criteria:
1. Were the characters strong and engaging?
2. Was the book well written?
3. Did the plot have you turning the page to find out what happened next?
4. Was the ending satisfying?
5. Have you told your friends about it?

A book has to ‘pass’ all 5 to receive the Award, and I was delighted with the comments which Pauline Barclay (the instigator of the award) sent to me:

- A really good book, I couldn’t put it down
- Extremely well written
- A page turner
- The ending was fantastic
- I can’t recommend it enough
- A Big yes from me for the Award

Here’s my question for you! Are there any other criteria ‘questions’ that you would add to the five above?


9 comments:

  1. These are great questions, especially #5.
    Congratulations on the award, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana -and yes, recommendation to friends is the best sort of promotion!

      Delete
  2. Many congratulations. I'm not sure I can think of another question as they cover most of what I would look for in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I was trying to think of anything I would add, but those 5 questions seem to cover everything I look for too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I like all the questions, but I think I might add "Are the characters three-dimensional?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. I think the 3-dimensional aspect is implied in the 1st question.

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Paula! Great feedback and comments as well.

    I think reader-based awards are the most 'satisfying'. When readers like your book...you're good to go.

    I think those 5 criteria listings cover it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if the readers then tell their friends about it!

      Delete
  5. Huge congratulations, Paula, so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete