Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4 things I'd take to a desert island

Once I saw that my fellow-bloggers were taking people to their desert island, my reaction was - in that case, please can I take Martin Sheen, Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman and Liam Neeson? No? Oh well, never mind!

Assuming that this island has electricity, then my computer would be my first priority plus several external hard drives for back-up in case the main hard drive died or got full with everything I'm going to write. I'm sure I could write several best-selling novels while I was marooned in Paradise.

Secondly, I'd take my pile of still-to-be-watched DVD's which I could play on my computer to give me inspiration in between my writing sessions. Oh and I'd also include my 7 seasons box-set of 'The West Wing' of course, since I don't mind how many times I watch those.

Next would have to be an inexhaustible supply of diet coke (little umbrellas optional) as I have to keep up my caffeine levels.

Last but not least, I'd have my own personal chef to cook me some wholesome meals. Nothing fancy, I eat to live, not live to eat, but I'd gladly let someone take over the cooking chore while I concentrate on more interesting things.

6 comments:

  1. Paula,
    I'll give you Martin and Liam and Hugh. Can I have Colin? I'm over on the other side of the island. We could swap....
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, Hmmm, we'll have to negotiate about Colin, because Margaret (Blake) and I are sharing him at the moment - she has Martin for a week, then Colin for a week (and vice versa!) LOLOL! Oh,if wishing made it so!
    I LOVE Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice - forget the lake scene, it's when he's watching Elizabeth play the piano - the look in his eyes is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, all the time in the world to write with no interruptions, Debra - paradise indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I'll take Hugh if I have to.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugh is gorgeous! Those long legs LOL (you know I have a thing about long legs!). Not so keen on Wolverine, but he was a dream in 'Australia' and I love him in 'Oklahoma' -he has an amazing singing voice.
    So okay, we'll share Hugh and send him back and forth across our island!

    ReplyDelete