Thursday, April 22, 2010

One of THOSE People

Okay, so I realized there was no way in the world I could come up with my favorite book or movie of all time. There are too many great choices out there. Curling up with a book and curling up with my hubby to watch a movie are my all-time favorite things to do in my spare time. I've read so many books and watched so many movies, I'm sure I've lost count.

So I'm going to go with my favorite books/movies at the moment. And, and yes, I'm one of THOSE people, so bear with me...right now I have to say the "Twilight" series.

I got hooked on the books right before the first movie came out about a year and a half ago. In the time since, I've read the series (four books) seven times. I know, I know...in a world with so many great books out there, how can I possibly read the same ones over and over again? That's how good they are.

There is something escapist and magical and alluring and sexy about these books. People of all ages gravitate toward them. And I've always been a vampire fan.

With the advent of the movies, the characters I've grown to love in the pages of these books have now come alive for me on the big screen. And I fell in love all over again in a completely different way.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Which leaves only one question...are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? For me it's Edward all the way.

Until next time,

Happy Reading (or watching)!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. Never got on the Harry Potter or Twilight bandwagon. Paranormal is not my thing, although, I love the commercials of Twilight.

    I tried watching a Harry Potter movie, but it never caught my interest.

    But you have to consider the type of person I am. My favorite movies are Powder, One Fine Day, Dangerous Minds, The Sound of Music... all the sappy movies..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the movie of Twilight recently. Computer generated images are so great. Otherwise I'd stick with the books. That said, I do like Dr. Who on BBC TV.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the books are better. The movies are a completely different experience.

    ReplyDelete