Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Euphemisms

I had to smile when I saw this topic. John used to roar at some of mine. Petals was the one that used to tickle him. Buds, maleness - member no, I don't use that one for the male, I did try but as I wrote it I kept thinking of Today in Parliament. "The Member stood..." no couldn't do that, too funny.

I dream up all kinds of names. I simply don't like the real names. It sort of sounds too clinical and, for me, ruins the romance. Also it can get really tedious. I can't tell you how many times, when reading a book recently, the word "cock" appeared. Sorry, but it sounds so off-putting. I know people like to use the correct words, well that is their choice but please let me stick with my buds and petals and throbbing maleness. Ooh, I've come over all hot and bothered!

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. I won't be able to listen to Today in Parliament now without laughing, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret, is that "Proper?" How about "Showing his naughty bits?" I love the English lingo, use it all the time in my articles and books.It reminds me of growing up. No one used "Proper" English in the village where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for the chuckle! Yes, a book with too many words for male body parts always sounds too clinical also. "Member" is another one that kind of makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here and now, we should start the HWH list of intimate words. Then rate them.

    ReplyDelete