Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chick Flicks

We watch movies all the time, so narrowing it down to three was near to impossible. We have favorites that we watch over and over again, some we'll bring out for holidays, and others we wonder why we wasted two hours of our life watching, let alone the money we spent on the DVD.

So, what I have for you today are my 'go to' girlie movies. These are some of the ones I break out when I have a night to myself.

27 Dresses - Katherine Heigl and James Marsden are just too cute in this charming movie. A friend and I went to see it in the movies, and it was a must buy as soon as it came out on DVD.

Laws of Attraction - Pierce Brosnan is simply charming as a rumpled lawyer. A fun change from his suave, sophisticated James Bond. Julianne Moore plays his uptight love interest, who thinks she's too busy to fall in love.

Water for Elephants - I'm not sure if this completely qualifies for 'chick flick' status, but it's a really great interpretation of the novel. Rob Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon play the star crossed lovers, while Christoph Waltz plays a very creepy, slightly psychotic nemesis.

(And wow, after all was said and done, I can't believe I didn't get a Matthew McConaughey movie in there...but like I said, naming just three was just too hard!)

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. Okay, have to say I haven't seen any of them, but they all sound great. Now I know what to put on my movie list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart 27 Dresses. I would have added How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days to your list, though. Love that one! (and there's your Matthew McConaughey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meika, It was between that and "Water for Elephants". I went with "WFE" because I can usually persuade the hubby to watch "How to Lose a Guy..."

    Jennifer...glad I could add to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess I don't know any of these!

    ReplyDelete