Thursday, March 20, 2014

Galleys and a New Idea

Debra's had a writerly week.

While I'm still waiting on the cover revision for Family Secrets, with bated breath and crossed fingers, the galleys arrived this week so I've been knee-deep in eagle-eyed checking. I'm nearly done and have found a few spots that need to be fixed, but not too many, so that's a good thing.

Then out of the blue, the 'solution' to a plotting dilemma came to me. I've always wanted to write a rock star romance. The hero would be a rock star with a secret and the heroine would be the reporter trying to figure it out. The problem was, I had no idea what the secret was going to be. So I just nudged the idea to the back of my brain and figured one day, something would come to me. Well, for whatever reason, today was the day. I was powering up the lap top getting ready to work on that galley, and the secret came to me. Just like that, out of the blue. I honestly don't know what prompted it, but it was definitely one of those light bulb moments. So I quickly jotted a few notes to save to my flash drive before tackling another hour or so of galley proofing.

It just goes to show, if you're patient enough, the ideas will come. Now I just have to find the time to write the story. And finish another I've started. Good thing summer vacation is just a couple of months away!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

5 comments:

  1. Great news, Debra!
    I have had similar ah-ha's, and solving an elusive puzzle is thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love when that happens. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those light bulb moments, Debra. Best of luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen and Paula...It truly was like 'ta da'! I wasn't even thinking about anything remotely to do with that particular story.

    We'll see if it ever find fruition!

    ReplyDelete