Thursday, October 15, 2015

O is for ONE GREAT NIGHT

Debra's One Great Night was a fun story to write.

"I want you to be my sex tutor."

The opening line for OGN came to me out of the blue one day. I wasn't thinking about starting a new story, didn't really have a particular plot in mind, but suddenly those words were circling around in my head. I decided I had to use them. The story of a gal who asks her brother's best friend to 'show her around' in the bedroom flowed from there. It was one I wrote in a disjointed manner, writing whatever scenes popped into my head, so definitely not chronologically. I've written other books in a similar way, but this one was probably the most 'all over the place' one of all.

There was one scene I was purposely saving for last. With a title like One Great Night, the love scene had to be amazing. And it scared me. Normally I don't mind writing love scenes, and mine always tend to be on the spicy side. But I knew this one had to deliver big time. It was the culmination of the entire theme of the book.

In the end it turned out...well, great. (LOL) One of the only love scenes I've written where my editor didn't tell me to add more emotion because parts of it were reading like a 'how-to' manual.

Another reason I like this book is it has my absolutely most favorite cover of all my books. The cover artist nailed the characters and the feel of the story perfectly. Which doesn't happen often.


All in all, it made for one great project!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com






6 comments:

  1. What a great teaser, Debra. I will buy the book just so I can read that scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes...I still feel like it's a lot to live up to. Ha!

      Delete
  2. That's definitely an opening line that makes a reader want to read on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the opening line. Would love to know the response, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete