Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Friend - Chrys Fey

Today Debra welcomes fellow TWRP author Chrys Fey to Heroines with Hearts.

Hello, lovely readers of Heroines with Heart! Chrys Fey here. Today, I want to talk to you about heart break and my newest release, 30 Seconds. First, I want to share a little snippet with you:

“Why’d you leave?” (Blake)
“Because I wanted to.” (Dani)
He shook his head. “That’s not good enough.”
“Because I had to,” she shouted. “Damn it, Blake, I love you. I’ve loved you since you made me that damned grilled cheese sandwich. I can’t be near you anymore knowing my feelings mean nothing to you, that there will never be anything between us, that the love I feel for you is worthless. It took me thirty seconds to fall in love with you, and it only took thirty seconds for me to realize you didn’t love me back!”


This is the most emotional quote by my heroine, Dani Hart, in 30 Seconds. In this scene she’s faced with the realization that the hero, Blake Herro, doesn’t love her and only sees her as a victim of the Mob who needs protection. Her heart is broken and she longs to leave, to escape the hurt and forget Blake exists.

To write this scene, I thought about what I would say to Blake if I were in Dani’s shoes, and how I’d feel. Heart break is a feeling we can all identify with whether inflicted by family and friends, or lovers. I gathered all of my past heart break and let my heart speak for Dani. And of course I had to work the meaning of the title into her declaration. Not only does 30 Seconds reference the continuous danger but also how quickly love can strike.

What would you say to someone who broke your heart?

Blurb:
When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he's made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He's determined to protect her at all costs.

The Mob's death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart's life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she's dodging bullets, she's falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?



Book Links:
The Wild Rose Press: http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5801
NOOK: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/30-seconds-chrys-fey/1120324958?ean=2940150711938
KOBO: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/30-seconds-1
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00N26EU9G
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N26EU9G
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22591698-30-seconds

Bio:
Chrys Fey is a lover of rock music just like Dani Hart in 30 Seconds. Whenever she's writing at her desk, headphones are always emitting the sounds of her musical muses -especially that of her favorite band, 30 Seconds to Mars, the inspiration behind the title.

30 Seconds is her second eBook with The Wild Rose Press. Her debut, Hurricane Crimes, is also available on Amazon.




Discover her writing tips on her blog, and connect with her on Facebook. She loves to get to know her readers!

Author Links:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/chrysfey
Blog: www.writewithfey.blogspot.com
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/ChrysFey

10 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! Best of luck on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! And thank for leaving a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrys, so nice to have you here today. I'm not sure I'd want to talk to someone who broke my heart--I tend to keep feelings like that to myself. But I'd LOVE writing the scene with everything I wish I could say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I'm so happy to be here. :) I wouldn't talk to someone who broke my heart either, because I wouldn't have the guts and would get tongue tied. Writing it out, and giving it to a character, is a lot easier. ;)

      Delete
  3. that's how I feel, too, Jen. When I did talk to the guy who broke my heart ( he showed up with new girlfriend in tow) I realized I love him more than he loved me and talking about anything was a waste of time, and simply humiliating myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you went through that, Ana. Rest assured that Blake doesn't have a new girl friend and what happens after the scene I shared is very heartwarming. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chrys, and thanks for visiting us here at HWH. I'm like Jennifer and Ana, and probably wouldn't say very much. However, our readers expect our heroines to have emotional outbursts so, again like Jen, I give them the words I wish I could say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paula! I feel the same way. Maybe I should've worded the question differently...What do you wish you could say to someone who broke your heart?

      Delete
  5. HI Chrys,

    Welcome to Heroines with Hearts. It's so nice to have you here today. I'm going to go and try to round up some visitors now that I'm finally home for the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra!

      Thank you so much for having me on Heroines with Hearts. I absolutely love being a guest here. :)

      Delete