Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ring In The New Year

Jennifer has writing goals...

My writing goals for 2015:

  • ·      I plan to participate in my local RWA chapter’s version of NaNoWriMo in February and my goal is to complete it.
  • ·      That goal will help my next goal, which is to finish book 3 of my Women of Valor series—I still don’t have a title for it, so I’ll need to come up with one.
  • ·      I’d like to get my standalone manuscript, In the Moment, published, hopefully with a big publisher.
  • ·      I want to devote significant time to my writing, to make it an essential part of every day.
  • ·      I’d like to be a good writer friend to my fellow writers—to help when asked, to provide support when needed and to cheer them on as often as possible.
  • ·      And I’d like to improve my confidence in my writing abilities. This is a tough job and you need thick skin. I’d like to find a way to thicken mine, without losing the passion for what I do.

Finally, I’d like to thank Paula, Ana and Debra for another wonderful year of Heroines with Hearts. We each bring a unique perspective to writing and I value each and every one of you. I can’t wait to see what the year ahead brings.

Happy New Year!


6 comments:

  1. Some great goals there, Jen, and I'm sure you will achieve them! My only goal at the moment is to finish editing 'Irish Intrigue' (including a ruthless word cut!)
    And I'll add my thanks to yours. We make a great team, and I know Margaret will be a valuable addition to HWH next year.
    Here's wishing us all a happy and successful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to Margaret joining us this coming year! Didn't mention it because I didn't know it was official--another goal of mine is to figure out Yahoo! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous goals, Jen! I gave a moment's thought to sitting down and making some, but I am so far into relaxed vacation mode here that even that required too much energy for me right now!

    I too will echo the thanks from you and Paula. I value the friendship and writing community we have created here at Heroines with Hearts, and I look forward to Margaret joining us.

    Best of everything to us all in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say stick with relaxing, Debra. You deserve it!

      Delete
  3. I'm a little behind here as I've been having a computer free Christmas and New Year. I'm honoured to be joining this group and would like to wish everyone all the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Margaret. We're so happy for you to join us. And a computer-free holiday sounds wonderful!

      Delete