Thursday, February 25, 2016

H is for Hanna Martine

Debra misses hearing those unpublished first chapters.

I don't attend my local RWA chapter meetings anymore. It's not that I don't like the people in my group. It's not that I don't think belonging to a local chapter is worthwhile. (Now, belonging to National RWA is another story...) It's all a matter of time. As in there just isn't enough. Sometimes you just have to forgo certain things.

I miss seeing fellow authors at meetings, though. And I miss hearing first chapters during our critique sessions. Many a published book on my shelf or in my Kindle was first heard in its early stages at a meeting.

One such reading was the first chapter of Liquid Lies by Hanna Martine. I vividly remember her strong voice, vibrant description, and bold characters. I thought to myself at the time, "This book will sell." And it did. Since then she's written several other titles in The Elementals series and quite a few other books as well. It's always nice to see someone get the success they so richly deserve.


With her ability to pick up any language in an instant, Gwen Carroway is taking her family business global. As dutiful future leader of water elementals, she'll do anything to protect her people's secrets and bloodlines--including enter an arranged marriage. Inside, however, she yearns for the forbidden.

Reed is a mercenary addicted to the money and adrenaline rush of his work. After he inadvertently saves Gwen's life, he ignites her taboo desire for men without magic--and with bodies of gods. Just as things heat up, Reed discovers that Gwen is exactly who he's been hired to kidnap. He resolves to put work before lust, yet her luscious beauty and fiery spirit unravel him...

But there is a terrible truth behind Gwen's family business--and now, caught between the kinsmen she no longer trusts and an enemy bent on vengeance, the only ally she has is her abductor...


Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

6 comments:

  1. Yes, there are things you can get at meetings you just can't get anywhere else. Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gut instinct, Debra. The blurb is vivid and intriguing.
    I need more time, too. To read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have any chapter meetings around here, but I prefer one-to-one 'writerly' meetings anyway. Had a great one today with a writer friend.

    ReplyDelete