Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting it right in 2011


First off, as you can see, I'm wearing the fashionable crinckle look dunce hat for today because I forgot to post on Monday: great start as a newbie around here!

Anyhoo, writing goals for 2011. Hmmm, what are they? 

I guess:

1)      Complete a sequel to historical novel written 2010, simply because I love this period in history, plus secondary characters from the first novel screamed for their love story to be told.
2)      Try to secure a publishing deal for at least one of three contemporary romance novels languishing on a pen-stick.
3)      Keep bashing at literary agents’ doors: the present one I’ve hammered on still firmly padlocked.
4)      Pray a December 2010 subbed mainstream romantic suspense comes up trumps.
5)      Failing all the above self-publish my own work 2012. 

Any-which-way authors are expected to contribute time and effort to Internet/radio/articles etc., re promoting and advertising their own wares, so what’s the difference in time ratio of going it alone?  I would rather the novels read than left archived on a pen-stick.

;)

F

5 comments:

  1. I see Debra and Francine have very positive goals. Go for it ladies and I wish you both every success.

    Sorry to be tardy in posting - only arrived back yesterday and today have the dreaded jet leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals, Francine! Be ready when the stars align. I hear the publishing track moves fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals, Francine - good luck with them all.
    The whole question of self-publishing is interesting. I think it'll become more common, but I still have my reservations about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francine, great goals! Setting something specific with a specific timeframe is supposed to really get you going...good luck! We all have our fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of goals Francine, good luck with all of them :-)

    ReplyDelete