First off, as you can see, I'm wearing the fashionable crinckle look dunce hat for today because I forgot to post on Monday: great start as a newbie around here!
Anyhoo, writing goals for 2011. Hmmm, what are they?
1) Complete a sequel to historical novel written 2010, simply because I love this period in history, plus secondary characters from the first novel screamed for their love story to be told.
2) Try to secure a publishing deal for at least one of three contemporary romance novels languishing on a pen-stick.
3) Keep bashing at literary agents’ doors: the present one I’ve hammered on still firmly padlocked.
4) Pray a December 2010 subbed mainstream romantic suspense comes up trumps.
5) Failing all the above self-publish my own work 2012.
Any-which-way authors are expected to contribute time and effort to Internet/radio/articles etc., re promoting and advertising their own wares, so what’s the difference in time ratio of going it alone? I would rather the novels read than left archived on a pen-stick.