This week, we decided that our posts would include 10 secrets about ourselves or our characters. Oy. I hate secrets. Or, should I say, I’m not good at revealing things about myself. In fact, I’m so good at keeping things to myself, that I’m the one most people tell their secrets to! Luckily for them, I won’t be revealing them here. Instead, I’m supposed to reveal my own. Well, I don’t guarantee that they’re anything salacious, but here goes:
1) You know that joint at the base of your thumb that enables you to touch your pinky? Well, mine don’t bend. When I was in school, I remember my art teacher talking about how opposable thumbs separate humans from apes and thinking that I was less evolved than the rest of my class (and hiding my hands under the table). The first thing I did when my children were born was to check to make sure their thumbs bend (they do).
2) I hate all forms of public speaking. I’m required to do it quite frequently, but it doesn’t get any easier.
3) My hair started turning grey in college. I’ve been coloring it for years. I’d like to be one of those women with beautiful grey hair, but I doubt I will be.
4) My grandmother died of a horrible disease when I was six. When I got older and missed her, I used to pretend she was a secret spy somewhere. I still miss her.
5) I believe in ghosts.
6) I am very gullible.
7) I have a lot more confidence inside my head than I do in reality.
8) My least favorite question is “How are you?” I never know if I should answer truthfully or not, so I always just say “Fine.” Even when I’m not.
9) I still remember every embarrassing thing I’ve ever done, even though I know most of them aren’t that embarrassing (nope, not telling what they are here—sorry! J).
10) My mother was right a lot more often than I admitted. Still not telling her that, though. J