Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Nine Things Paula Loves
2. The sound of water – whether it’s waves lapping on a beach, breakers crashing against cliffs, or a mountain stream bubbling over rocks and stones.
4. Going out for pub lunches with a small group of friends, where we have a good laugh and quite often put the world to rights!
5. My computer, through which I’ve made so many friends in different parts of the world, people I would never have ‘met’ without the internet.
6. The smell of fresh sheets when I get into bed after the sheets have been washed and dried out on the line outside (instead of in the dryer).
7. Stationery shops and stores – I love the colours of folders, pens, notebooks and paper, as well as all the small items like paper fasteners, tags, and clips.
9. Getting to the end of the first draft of a novel. The storyline is complete, no more agonising over what happens next, but time now to go back and revise, edit and polish, which is the part I enjoy most!