Today is Mother's Day, but on a farm in springtime, it's almost like any other day.
Here's what I did today:
1. Water flats of plants too tender to transplant into the garden.
2. Water plants already set in because it's forgotten to rain.
3. Carry 5-gallon buckets of water to the calves tied to tractor tires grazing the front yard.
4. Bake a Honey Bee coffee cake to bring to work tomorrow. It's yummy. Recipe below.
5. Grind coffee beans to go with said cake.
6. Finish washing pots and utensils used in yesterday's craft show.
7. Fold tablecloths and aprons used in yesterday's craft show.
8. Organize packets of veggie seeds to plant tomorrow.
9. Talk to daughters and granddaughter wishing me a happy day!
10. Call my mom!
Quick Honey Bee Coffee Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
Break into a measuring cup:
Fill with milk enough to make 1 cup.
Beat and add to dry ingredient with:
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan and cover with:
Honey Bee Glaze:
Stir and bring to the boiling point over low heat:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Bake coffee cake until done, about 25 minutes.