Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Love Potion #9, AKA Nine Things Jennifer Loves


My family and friends: They’re supportive, funny, exasperating and I wouldn’t change anything about them. I love them to pieces.

Goat cheese: If it’s on it, I’ll eat it.

Chocolate: See above (I know it’s cliché for a romance writer, but I can’t help it, it’s in my DNA)

Diet coke: It’s pretty much the only reason I eat lunch.

The way light filters through trees: We had beautiful trees behind our house and I loved sitting in my family room and looking out the window. Then my neighbor cut them down and built an ugly shed. Sigh.

Reese’s Peanut Butter cups: The minis have the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. Yum!

Jane Eyre: My favorite book of all time. I fell in love with Mr. Rochester!

The Dictionary, Thesaurus and Bartlett’s Quotations: I love sifting through these finding new words or quotes. Yes, I was the dorky girl in the classroom who loved taking vocabulary tests. I set the curve too. I know, you hate me. J

Dirty Dancing: My favorite movie of all time. I saw it about 13 times. And then I got it out of my system. I’m not sure when I want to watch it again. And so, the DVD my husband bought me sits unopened in the box and shrink wrap. A fact about which he periodically reminds me. Oops.

6 comments:

  1. I love Dirty Dancing! Patrick Swayze was fantastic. The man can dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man could make standing still look sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession - I've never seen Dirty Dancing.
    But I'll agree with you about diet coke, Jane Eyre and a thesaurus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez, Paula, you have no idea what you're missing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE 'Dirty Dancing"! We actually saw the stage show of it too in Chicago and that was as fabulous. (Although, no one beats Patrick Swayze in the roll of Johnny.)

    I'm also definitely with you on the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, never saw the live show, Debra. May have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete