Thursday, May 5, 2016

R is for Reyes

Debra has found a new hero to love.

My latest hero to swoon over is Reyes Farrow, the oh-so-sexy bad boy in Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series. A friend of a friend recommended the series, and let me tell you am I glad she did. Charley, the heroine, is feisty, funny, saucy, and addicted to coffee. She's also the Grim Reaper. Her love interest is Reyes Farrow. I love him as much as Charley does. I love him as much as I love my favorite vampires. Reyes is the ultimate bad boy. Literally. He's the son of Satan.

The series is a fun, unique take on the paranormal genre. There's not a werewolf or vampire in sight, although there are a few angels hanging around. It's part romance, part myth and legend, part suspense, part action. It begins with the book First Grave on the Right. I was hooked from the start. I read the first seven books, which were all that were available at the time, one right after the other last summer. I picked up the eighth and ninth books this past winter. The Curse of Tenth Grave comes out next month. I already have the release date marked on my calendar.

The series also has a few e-book novellas to go along with it. Brighter Than the Sun is Reye's story in his own words. (The other books in the series are all told in first person from Charley's POV.) Getting into Reyes' head was as heart-breaking as it was thrilling.

Other than the novellas which I downloaded on my Kindle, the other books I've checked out from the library to read. My plan, however, is to collect the set. These are books that definitely need to go on my keeper shelf to be read again and again. I'm hoping at some point the series (Maybe when it's finished? I don't know how many books Jones has planned.) will come out as a paperback set and I can get the whole shebang at once. Although, I probably will get too antsy waiting for that to happen, so I'll probably just start collecting from Amazon.

Because I know I won't be able to wait very long before I need another dose of Reyes.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

7 comments:

  1. These sound great, Debra. My TBR pile just got taller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my scene, I'm afraid, as I don't like paranormal - or bad boys, either! But it's interesting that she's managed to write so many books from the same person's POV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She 'revamped' the series a bit in the last book by giving the heroine amnesia. It was an interesting way to do it. I wasn't sure how I would like it, but she did it well.

      Delete
  3. Like Paula, I don't read paranormal but you've made this series sound so interesting it's a possibility I might give one of them a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a pretty unique take. Whereas vampires and werewolves have been done a lot, this is a new concept that I haven't read before. It's refreshing.

      Delete