Friday, May 13, 2016

S is for Sagittarius

Margaret talks about signs of the Zodiac
 

When I’m creating new characters I sometimes refer to Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs book, written in 1968.  Although it's over forty years old I don't think anything's changed over the years. It's a fascinating book and this is some of what she has to say about Sagittarians:

Sagittarians never do things half way. 
 
Sagittarians may sometimes seem both casual and careless but don’t let that mislead you.

Sagittarians can be bold. You’ll be aghast at their forthright statements.

Sagittarians are curious. He’ll never be satisfied with simply being given instructions, he’ll want to know reasons and why.

Dishonesty is not one of their weaknesses, neither is tact.

Sagittarians sometimes have outbursts of temper, but it never lasts long enough to burn.
 
 

Incidentally, my husband is a Sagittarian and so many of these things are true to his nature.
 

Is there anything more you would add?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Must admit I've never thought of basing any of my characters on sun sign characteristics. Incidentally, my father was a Sagittarius but I couldn't relate any of the above characteristics to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose all people are true to their sun signs, but it's always both interesting and amusing to create characters in this way.

      Delete
  2. Sagittarian Suns love being outdoors. They believe in justice and playing fair. They are expansive (Jupiter rules Sagittarius) meaning they know there is always more they can learn or do. Getting them to stop is hard.
    I'm a Sagittarius Sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband's the same, Ana, always pushing himself to find something to do. He exhausts me with his energy.

      Delete
    2. Definitely not at all like my father, even though he was a Sagittarius!

      Delete
  3. Sun signs are a great tool for character development, IMO. And not too hard to learn. Doing complete horoscope readings takes a lot more effort but that's worth a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do complete horoscope readings, but I've used my Sun sign book so many times. It's invaluable.

      Delete
  4. That's a clever way to come up with character traits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting way of looking at your characters. I would never have thought of that.
    I am a typical Gemini and my husband a typical Scorpio. I was warned we shouldn't marry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A talker and someone who appears to be listening, but may be deep in thought. I suspect he brooded over every word you said while you were dating.

    ReplyDelete