Monday, May 16, 2016

T is for The End

Ana muses on seeing The End.

I've changed my ending again. Not the very end, where the hero and heroine say I do.
The chapters just before the end.

I 'd decided I needed to trim scenes from my plot outline so the Black Moment, when the main villain shoots the hero in front of the heroine, happens sooner. Readers would not enjoy too many teaser chases or drawn-out 'this is the villain's nefarious plan' introspections.

The interesting thing (to me) is learning that I really have to sleep on things. And that I can trust that my creative subconscious will provide the insight I need.

I went to bed last night not at all sure of how to write the next chapter. Things were sort of set up, but the actual blow-by-blow steps were shrouded in writer's block fog. I asked for inspiration.

My first thoughts this morning were the answers I needed. I'll have to wrestle them into shape and pad them with descriptions, but I truly feel I am closing in on The End for real. This is exciting!

5 comments:

  1. That's great to get your answers when you woke up. Never happens to me - but then I'm not a morning person! Good luck with your last few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I've been cultivating the line to my subconscious for some time. Maybe it's finally paved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My subconscious never provides answers either. I have to work things out on paper. But I can feel your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I wake up to a brand new day AND a solution to a plot point I was working on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Ana! I love when those inspirations strike.

    ReplyDelete