Thursday, May 26, 2016

U is for Uber Excited

Debra received another cover this week.

To say I was thrilled to get the cover for my Fourth of July story last week was an understatement. When I opened my e-mail and found the cover for my Halloween story just a few days later, I was over the moon! Apparently my cover designer was behind a bit on the Fourth one and ahead of schedule on the Halloween one.

To make it even more exciting...I mean, how often do you get two covers for two different stories within a week?...the cover is absolutely wonderful. It fits the story so perfectly I can hardly believe it. Not to mention, since it's Halloween, it has a fall theme, and fall is my favorite season. (Not that I'm in a hurry for it to arrive at this point and time. I plan on enjoying the summer ahead to the fullest!) The colors are so rich and vibrant. I can't stop looking at it. I keep sneaking peeks on my computer and phone throughout the day. It's definitely my favorite cover of the series.

So, without further ado...here is the cover for Halloween at The Corral.


And here's the tag line and blurb so hopefully you'll see why it's not only visually stunning, but fits the theme of the story to perfection...down to the jack-o-lantern in the corner, since there's a scene in which the hero and heroine carve one.

You don't need to wear a mask to hide who you really are.

Kelly Harper has no interest in egomaniacs like Dan Jenkins. She also has no patience for the entourage of groupies that follows him while he basks in their attention. Her experience with her ex-fiancé has taught her to steer clear of guys like Dan who see women as no more than a pretty face to parade around.

Dan Jenkins is something of a local celebrity. His charm and good looks ensure he never lacks for female company, but truth be told, he finds their attentions shallow and superficial. No one really bothers to get to know who he really is. Trouble is, Dan's not sure he really knows who he is.

Will Kelly be the one to figure out who Dan really is behind the good ol' boy facade? If so, she just might discover a man she never expected. A man worthy of giving her heart to.


Until next time (maybe I'll have stopped gushing by then...),

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

8 comments:

  1. Another great cover, Deb - and great blurb too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm pretty thrilled.

      It's definitely getting me motivated to work on the revisions for the NYE story!

      Delete
  2. I love the cover too. Especially the fact that their faces are hidden. It adds a sense of intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their hidden faces. It totally goes with that whole 'hiding who you are' thing I've got going in the story!

      Delete
  3. Love the cover. How lucky you are to have such a talented cover designer.
    I agree with Paula. The blurb is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked my first cover artist, but I decided to try another one a few stories back, and this one is even better. She is so open to my input and opinion.

      Delete