Tuesday, May 17, 2016

T Is For Time

Jennifer is out of time...

I know, this is supposed to be a writing blog. Or a reading blog, if we’re talking about books we’ve read. But, um, not for me, not today.

For the past many weeks, I’ve tried to post reviews of books I’ve read, so that I can introduce people to new authors. But lately, I haven’t had time to read.

I try to write 1,000 words or so a day. But lately I haven’t had time to write more than a few hundred.

Why? Because I’ve stepped in to fill in as an interim director in our temple’s school and I’m trying to get from right now until the end of school without any major disasters. We’re in triage mode until June 5 and my schedule has completely exploded. I need to make sure our school runs, our teachers get paid and nothing important falls apart for the next few weeks.

And did I mention I have to learn Excel??? Holy cow, I’m a writer. I deal in words. And Word. I don’t do numbers, I don’t know how to make the columns do their formula thing and I hyperventilate just looking at it! But somehow I’ll figure it out in the next few days.

Which is why I’m not reading or writing much right now.


But I will. After June 5.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job - and also with Excel (which is okay once you work out which formula to use to give the answers you need!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excel and I are on tentative terms. I'ms sure you are doing a great job at this new job. Will they offer you the position? Do you want it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. Right now I'm just covering until we have someone in place who knows what they're doing. :)

      Delete
  3. Do what you need to do, Jennifer. Certain things have to take priority.

    ReplyDelete